Michele Kirichanskaya is a first-generation Ukrainian Jewish American writer from Brooklyn, New York. Growing up she had gone to speech therapy for years, struggling to speak. She now finds it amazingly ironic that she has a Bachelor’s in English from Hunter College and a Master’s in Creative Writing, specifically a concentration in Children’s and Young Adult literature, from the New School.
Getting into writing around the age of fifteen, since then they slowly built up a career as a journalist, writing about pop culture and diverse representation for websites such as Catapult, Electric Lit, Bitch Media, GeeksOUT, We Need Diverse Books, Salon, The Mary Sue, Lambda Literary, and ComicsVerse. They’ve also moderated a number of panels at pop culture conventions, including NYCC, Anime NYC, Flame Con, and MoCCA. They are currently set to publish their first book, Ace Notes: Tips and Tricks on Existing in an Allo World, a non-fiction guide on asexuality with Jessica Kingsley Publishers in March 2023.
Their hope as a writer is to speak from the heart about their thoughts on their world and provide stories in which others may feel seen and find their own identities and experiences reflected and validated.
- Advocate: Champions of Pride 2023: Asexual Author Michele Kirichanskaya
- Sounds Fake But Okay: Ep 254: Ace Notes feat. Michele Kirichanskaya
- Bookstr: Asexual Authors Discuss Why They Write And Their Experiences: 5×5
- Geeks OUT: Interview with Author Michele Kirichanskaya
- Queer Words: Michele Kirichanskaya, journalist, daydreamer, cartoon geek, and asexual writer
- This Queer Book Saved My Life!: 7 Minutes in Book Heaven with Michele Kirichanskaya and Ace Notes
- The Josh Speaks: I NEVER Knew THAT About Asexual People! | Ace Author Interview
- The Ace Couple: Ace Notes: Tips and Tricks on Existing in an Allo World ft. Michele Kirichanskaya
- The Ace Couple Podcast: Ace Notes: Tips and Tricks on Existing in an Allo World ft. Michele Kirichanskaya
- Ace Dad Advice: New Asexual and Aromantic Nonfiction!
- The Bookseller: Jessica Kingsley Publishers unveils five new books on asexuality and aromanticism
- Nonbinary Knight Reads and Reviews: Interview with Michele Kirichanskaya, author of ACE NOTES
- Autostraddle: 114 Queer and Feminist Books Coming Your Way Spring 2023
- Proud Geek: 10 Aro/Ace Books To Read In 2023
- LGBTQ Reads: MOST ANTICIPATED NON-FICTION: JANUARY-JUNE 2023
- Autostraddle: Rainbow Reading: Call That an Elliot Page-turner